Click the Log in link in the banner above.
Click the Log in link in the banner above.
Click the Log in link in the banner above.
- Can't find the answer in this FAQ?
- Please be sure to read through this FAQ, but if you can't find the answer here, please use the form on the "Feedback" page.
- What is the Farmers' Market Box?
- Local and sustainably sourced produce from over a dozen California farms each week.
- When can I pick up my box?
- 8am-5pm, Thursday, Friday or Saturday.
Boxes are assembled/packaged on Wednesday afternoons and stored in a large cooler. Perishable add-ons, like bread, will be freshest if you pick up your box on Thursday.
- Is the Farmers Market Box Organic?
- No. We do not guarantee that all the produce in our Farmers Market Box is organic, although some of the farms we source from may be organically certified. We do guarantee that the produce in our Farmers Market Juicing Bag is certified organic and registered within our organics program.
- How do I sign up?
- If you haven't already, you can register an account here.
- How do I order a box?
- You order a box right from the main Farmers' Market Box page. The deadline to order a box is Sunday at midnight to place an order for pickup the following Thursday/Friday/Saturday. You can place prepaid orders for up to 4 weeks in advance.
- What else can I order?
- In the spirit of collaboration, we are working with a few local companies to bring you a wider range of foodstuffs that you can add to your FMB. Outstanding California Cheeses from Venissimo Cheese & many other local products will be available throughout the year.
- How much does it cost?
- It's only $34.99 for the standard box of produce. Additional charges will apply to fish, cheese, bread and other add-ons.
- How do I pay?
- All purchases are pre-pay by credit card, through our online ordering system!
- Do I have to log in each week to order?
- No! You can order up to 4 weeks at a time. The pricing of the products provided by our partners will change from week to week, and will be noted in their respective columns.
- Can I opt out?
- Yes! You control the frequency of your ordering, and can even cancel an order if you need to by managing your orders online. Please remember, the deadline to cancel with a full refund is Tuesday at midnight for the following Thursday/Friday/Saturday. If you would like to talk to someone about changing your order after the deadline, please call 619-876-4084.
- How will I know what is in the box?
- Our Farmers' Market program is a blind buy, filled with what our farmers are able to harvest that week. On the Wednesday before pick up, we will upload a video and blog post the letting you know what will be in your box that week. You can sign up for text message and email alerts that will send you the link to these videos under your profile contact preferences or you can visit the @specialtyproduce_experience Instagram feed or our youtube feed at www.youtube.com/user/SpecialtyProduce.
For more information and recipes visit our blog at blog.specialtyproduce.com/category/farmers-market-bag/.
- Where can I find information on the produce in the box?
- All of our Farmers' Market produce has it's own page on our website specific to each farm! The weekly video will provide you with the names of the produce in the box, as well as the farm it was grown by. You will also find a weekly updated post with links to the each product pages on our website. Be sure to check out all the recipe links and restaurants that are currently using that item on their menu. Or for a more convenient and mobile way of researching produce, check out the Specialty Produce App!
- Where do I pick up my box?
- Specialty Produce
1929 Hancock Street, Suite 150
San Diego, CA 92110
Customer Parking : The corner of Hancock & Noell.
Note : If you are part of a distribution group, your pick-up location will vary.
- What do I do if I need a friend to pick up a box for me?
- After you have placed your order, you go to the "Manage My Orders" page and click on the "Modify" button for the week you need some help. Then you can input an alternate name if someone else is picking up your box.
- What happens if I don't pick up my box?
- Hopefully the SMS &/or email alerts will help you to remember, we know everyone has busy schedules! If you do happen to forget, haven't called us to arrange another pick-up time, or have not canceled your order through our online interface, you will still be billed. Your box will be donated to a local charity coordinated through our efforts with Feeding America (homepage).
- I checked my credit card account online and I got charged twice for my bag!?
- Sometimes there is a network hiccup which results in our credit card processor not transferring you back to the Specialty Produce website and/or not communicating the charge went through. In all likelihood you experienced this as a "stuck" webpage and proceeded to enter your order again. Fear not, let us know via email, , or phone, 619-876-4084 and we'll get the spurious charge credited back to you.
- What if I still have a question?
- Please call the FMB line at 619-876-4084 or email us at .
Cheese was founded by Gina & Roger Freize in San Diego,
California, in 2003. But it almost never opened! The owner of the
retail space was not interested in splitting a larger space nor
leasing a little wedgie to an unknown business in an unknown
industry (who wants to buy just cheese)? After spending months
calling & faxing reasons to let Venissimo in, Gina overheard
that the owner would be at the site on a certain day. So she snuck
in with a cheese plate to let the product & presentation speak
for itself. Needless to say, the owner was convinced & agreed
to the deal the very next day! Venissimo Mission Hills opened its
doors on January 17, 2003. Roughly three years later, Venissimo
opened its second location in Del Mar. It's third shop in Belmont
Shore just opened in November 2008 & its newest location -
complete with an Academy of Cheese (AoC) - just opened in downtown
San Diego in September 2009! Where next? Stay tuned...
Venissimo's mission is to do for cheese what Starbucks® did for coffee! "Someday, camembert will be as well-known as cappuccino," says Cheese Wiz Gina. We will do this by sharing the goodness & glory of cheese. Literally - when you visit the shop, you can taste absolutely anything you like. Friendly cheeseheads and descriptive receipts (complete with pronunciations, country of origin, milk type & more) aim to take the intimidation out of artisinal cheese shopping. Take a peek at our debut video on YouTube to get a feel for what we're all about.
Chocolatier (pronounced chew-WOW), San Diego's premier artisan
chocolatier, was founded by Master Chef Michael Antonorsi and CEO
Richard Antonorsi. On a mission to "arouse your senses with
uniquely delicious chocolate experiences," Chef Michael has
pioneered fusion chocolate with his balance of responsibly sourced
cacao, all natural ingredients and endless creativity. His
confections are loved by chocoholics around the world and have been
praised by Time Magazine, Chef Bobby Flay, the Today Show, Good
Morning America, the Food Network's Pat & Gina Neely and more.
Although their ancestors were cacao-farmers, the brothers haven't always made chocolate. In their thirties, Michael and Richard left behind successful high tech careers in Venezuela, their homeland, to pursue a dream. Michael's passion for food led him to Paris, where he trained as a French Chef at École Supérieure de Cuisine Française Ferrandi in Paris and completing specialized training in Pastry and Chocolaterie at the École LeNôtre. In 2002 the Antonorsi brothers, both UCSD graduates, met up in San Diego to launch Chuao Chocolatier, an artisan chocolate café in the Lumberyard in Encinitas. The company has since grown from its original location to include chocolate cafes in UTC and Del Mar Highlands and a presence in select specialty and gourmet retailers nationwide.
Dark Horse Coffee Roasters
|Dark Horse takes pride in sourcing direct-trade coffees & developing extremely close relationships with our smallholder farmers all over the world. Dark Horse started roasting & serving our cold brew in small San Diego neighborhoods in 2013, since then it's been a wild ride.
Eben-Haezer Poultry Ranch
Poultry Ranch is committed to providing our customers with the
freshest, locally grown, great tasting eggs. Our eggs are the
freshest and tastiest eggs you can buy. By buying locally grown
eggs you are supporting the local economy and reducing the amount
of energy used in transportation. In addition, some of our
producers are organically certified and utilize the latest green
technology to ensure the smallest carbon footprint possible.
Eben-Haezer Poultry Ranch is a small family farm located just a short drive from San Diego. We started our farm in 1957 and for the last 55 years we have strive to produce the best quality eggs for our customers. We developed real local roots. The support from the community encouraged us to join with local restaurants, vendors, business people, and residents to provide local fresh eggs to all of San Diego County.
|Eclipse Chocolate's mission is to provide premium artisan foods & confections with a unique culinary perspective while maintaining sustainable & ethical operations and contributing to our local community.
Jams is a combination of old time flavor and hometown pride.
Jackie uses only the best fruit available to make her jams. Much of the fruit is organic or all natural and locally grown. NO coloring or artificial flavoring has been added to alter the taste. Just real fruit - real flavor!At Jackie's Jams, Inc.,, we use the best ingredients and slow cooking times to bring out the best flavors possible in each of our jams.
Jerky's Gourmet of San Diego
Gourmet of San Diego is a local company that uses 100% grass fed
beef that is raised with no hormones or antibiotics. Our beef jerky
is gluten free*, low in sodium, low in sugar and is made with no
nitrites/nitrates. No artificial preservatives are ever used.
Jerky's Gourmet uses quality ingredients to make all natural, great
tasting beef jerky. We strive to create a healthy alternative to
average store brand jerky without holding back on flavor.
*Craft Beer jerky contains gluten
San Diego Honey Company
We curate Premium Honeys from boutique beekeepers throughout San Diego County. We offer these superb varietals and our own gourmet blends along with our most popular product: Pollen Plus™, a blend of local raw honey and local fresh bee pollen.
|Trident Coffee is a family-owned, San Diego based coffee roaster. We directly source our coﬀee to create a life cycle accountability that is transparent, organic, and empowers our coﬀee partners to be with us for the long haul. We take a scientiﬁc approach to brewing that captures diﬀerent tasting notes and experiences with each cold brew to showcase that coﬀee is truly a craft beverage. "Good tasting" and "healthy" belong in the same sentence. We are here to prove it to you.
Specialty Produce Farmers' Market Box (FMB™) Online Standard Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ VERY CAREFULLY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THE FAQ BEFORE REGISTERING FOR THE SPECIALTY PRODUCE FARMERS' MARKET BOX (FMB™) ONLINE PROGRAM. PARTICIPATION IN THE SPECIALTY PRODUCE FARMERS' MARKET BOX (FMB™) ONLINE PROGRAM INDICATES THAT YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER FOR OR PARTICIPATE IN THE SPECIALTY PRODUCE FARMERS' MARKET BOX (FMB™) ONLINE PROGRAM.
- Program Participation
- Participation in the Program is subject to Specialty Produce's prior approval and continued compliance with the Program Policies (see "Program Policies"), and/or such other URL as Specialty Produce may provide from time to time. Specialty Produce reserves the right to refuse participation to any applicant or participant at any time in its sole discretion. By enrolling in the Program, You represent that You are at least 18 years of age.
- Program Policies
- Only registered users may participate in the FMB Program.
- The deadline for orders, changes and cancellations is Sundays at midnight for pickup the following Thursday, Friday or Saturday.
- If you do not cancel your order by the deadline and cannot pick up your box, perhaps you might give it to a friend - just call or email us and we'll note that on the order. Otherwise these become unclaimed boxes.
- Pickup times are Thursday, Friday or Saturday, 8am-5pm.
- Pickups are at the Specialty Produce warehouse, 1929 Hancock St., Suite 150, San Diego, CA 92110.
- Unclaimed boxs will be donated, coordinated through our efforts with various local food charity groups.
- Termination or Cancellation
- Specialty Produce reserves the right to cancel or terminate participation to any participant at any time at its sole discretion.
- No Guarantee
- Specialty Produce, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents make no guarantees, warranties or representations of any kind, expressed or implied, with respect to items of merchandise, and shall not be liable for any loss, expense (including without limitation, any legal fees), accident or inconvenience that may arise in connection with the use of such items or as a result of any assumed defect or failure of such items. For the avoidance of doubt, Specialty Produce does not guarantee the Program will be operable at all times or during any down time (i) caused by outages to any public Internet backbones, networks or servers, (ii) caused by any failures of Your equipment, systems or local access services, (iii) for previously scheduled maintenance or (iv) relating to events beyond Specialty Produce's (or its wholly owned subsidiaries') control such as strikes, riots, insurrection, fires, floods, explosions, war, governmental action, labor conditions, earthquakes, natural disasters, or interruptions in Internet services to an area where your servers are located or co-located.
- Limitations of Liability
- Each party acknowledges that the other party has entered into this Agreement relying on the limitations of liability stated herein and that those limitations are an essential basis of the bargain between the parties. Without limiting the foregoing and except for payment obligations, neither party shall have any liability for any failure or delay resulting from any condition beyond the reasonable control of such party, including but not limited to governmental action or acts of terrorism, earthquake or other acts of God, labor conditions, and power failures.
- Payment for orders is done through our online ordering system by credit card for purchases up to 4 weeks in advance.
- Refunds and Returns
- We will accept returns, for a full refund, of packaged, non-perishable items. For perishable items, we will apply a refund if you are not satisfied for any reason. For both perishable and returned non-perishable items please notify us within 14 days of the date of receipt of the product.
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
We send you informational and email marketing emails as per your "Contact Preferences" that were first set when you created your account and which you can change in your account settings.
We do not share or sell your information, email, contact information or purchase history at all.
- Specialty Produce Rights
- You acknowledge that Specialty Produce owns all right, title and interest, including without limitation all Intellectual Property Rights (as defined below), in and to the Program (including Specialty Produce's serving technology, search technology, referral technology, and Brand Features, including implied licenses, and excluding items licensed by Specialty Produce from third parties and that You will not acquire any right, title, or interest in or to the Program except as expressly set forth in this Agreement. You will not modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive source code from any Specialty Produce services, software, or documentation, or create or attempt to create a substitute or similar service or product through use of or access to the FMB Program or proprietary information related thereto. "Intellectual Property Rights" means any and all rights existing from time to time under patent law, copyright law, semiconductor chip protection law, moral rights law, trade secret law, trademark law, unfair competition law, publicity rights law, privacy rights law, and any and all other proprietary rights, as well as, any and all applications, renewals, extensions, restorations and re-instatements thereof, now or hereafter in force and effect worldwide.
- Changes in Terms and Conditions :
- Specialty Produce reserves the right to change, limit, modify or cancel Program Terms and Conditions, regulations, conditions of participation in whole or part at any time. You will be bound by any such changes.